- Screening: Quickly assesses the severity of substance use and identifies the appropriate level of treatment.
- Brief intervention: Focuses on increasing insight and awareness regarding substance use and motivation toward behavioral change.
- Referral to treatment: Provides those identified as needing more extensive treatment with access to specialty care.
Please see the following documentaion from OHA regarding the SBIRT definition. Alcohol and Drug Misuse (SBIRT)
What action can we take as a clinic to improve this measure?
- SAMSHA - HRSA SBIRT Website - SBIRT toolkits, workflows and other examples from across the nation.
- Coordinated Care Orginization (CCO) Incentive Measure Definition*
- OHA Guidance Document for SBIRT
*Note: SBIRT has been removed as a CCO incentive measure for 2017.
|QMIC: How to Roll Out an Effective Screening Program, No Matter What the Measure - Jul. 2016||2016-12-28||1.45 MB||373|
|SBIRT Screening Guide - OPCA Version:1||2015-11-09||3.69 MB||763|
|Learning & Sharing Session: SBIRT - Jan. 2015||2015-02-25||1.3 MB||906|
|SBIRT Metric Specifications - OPCA SBIRT Pilot Version:1||2014-09-23||318.83 KB||877|
|NextGen SBIRT Screening Form Snapshot - White Bird Clinic||2014-05-29||191.58 KB||1207|
|SBIRT Resources - Central City Concern||2017-01-12||1.28 MB||372|