|Company:||Coalition of Community Health Clinics|
|Description:||Compensation: Projected starting salary of $85,000 – $105,000 with generous benefits|
Location: Portland, Oregon
We will begin screening applications on Friday, May 28, 2021, at 5:00 pm, and we will start scheduling interviews soon after that. (The position will remain open until filled.)
This Executive Director Opportunity
The pandemic has emphasized what many of us have known all along – there are deep and persistent inequities in who receives high quality healthcare and who doesn’t. This job is an incredible opportunity to make our health systems more just and equitable and to increase the quality of life for the most vulnerable people in our communities. If you’re selected for this position, you’ll support the work of diverse Member Clinics so they can increase their equity and effectiveness, and you’ll lead our advocacy efforts to change the health systems that impact lives across the Portland metropolitan area.
About the Coalition of Community Health Clinics
Our mission is to improve healthcare for vulnerable populations in the Portland, Oregon, metropolitan area. We achieve this by strengthening community health clinics, advocating for the healthcare needs of underserved communities, promoting health equity, fostering collaboration across the safety-net delivery system, and connecting community members with health care.
Founded in 1985, CCHC is a network of 17 community health clinics that includes community sponsored clinics, Federally-Qualified Health Centers, and teaching institutions. Together, our Member Clinics serve nearly 80,000 patients each year. We have a small diverse staff and a budget of approximately $450,000, and we’re looking for an Executive Director to lead us into our next phase of development. For more information about CCHC, visit coalitionclinics.org.
Qualifications, Experiences and Capacities
After surveying our board, staff, members, and community partners about what they want to see in our next Executive Director, we have determined that a successful candidate will possess these minimum qualifications. (We are less interested in the titles you’ve held and more interested in what you’ve actually done and who you are.)
1. Have the demonstrated ability and commitment to advance equity and anti-racism in programming and in work environments.
2. Have a passion for and understanding of CCHC’s mission and can be an energetic and inspiring ambassador for us.
3. Have the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
4. Be a leader who recognizes potential issues and opportunities, seeks out diverse perspectives, and develops inclusive strategies to navigate changes.
5. Have excellent communication skills.
6. Have strong management and supervisory skills and can fulfill core duties like budgeting, financial management, and fundraising.
Ideally, candidates will also:
1. Have experience working with health systems and/or working with communities impacted by health inequities.
2. Have experience working with diverse groups and interests in constructive ways and have a strong track record of developing and maintaining community partnerships.
3. Have the ability to support the development and engagement of a strong Board of Directors.
We are committed to having an applicant pool for this position that reflects the diversity of the people we serve, and we highly encourage Black, Indigenous and People of Color to apply.
We value all relevant lived experiences, and if this position speaks to you, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications. If you’re unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact us at the email listed below to discuss your application.
How to Apply
Please submit an application packet that includes:
1. A cover letter explaining how you have the qualifications, experience, and passion to be the next Executive Director of CCHC. Please include a description of how you have contributed to equity and inclusion in your community or in your work environment.
2. A detailed resume that speaks to the qualifications listed above.
3. The names, contact information, and professional affiliations of four professional references. (We won’t contact your references until we’ve cleared it with you.)
Please send your materials to with “CCHC Executive Director” in the title. Please also email this address to request any accommodations you would like made during this hiring process. We will keep your application confidential, and you will soon receive an acknowledgment email.
The position will remain open until filled. However, we prefer to receive applications by 5:00 p.m. on May 28, 2021, when we will begin reviewing them. Interviews are scheduled to begin the week of June 14, with successive rounds of interviews held the weeks of June 21 and June 28. We project a start date at the start of August.
For more information about this position, please contact Ben Moorad of Page Two Partners at . We’ll do our best to respond promptly to all queries and to keep all applicants up to date on how the process unfolds. Thank you!
|Address:||PO Box 40010|
Portland, OR 97240